Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Most-Read Bible Verses of 2013


Inside BST

Last year, we gave you an inside look into the most-read Bible verses on BibleStudyTools.com. So, what changed for this year? Well, first of all, you made this the best year ever for Bible study in the history of our site. More visitors than ever dug into God's Word. We couldn't be more excited. Secondly, you're reading some inspirational and challenging verses:
10. James 1
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
9. Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
8. Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
7. Psalms 139
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
6. Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
5. 1 Corinthians 13
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
4. John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
3. Genesis 1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
2. Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
And the most-read passage of Scripture for 2013 has been your favorite for many years:
1. Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
What about you? What did you study in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a good comment, Negative comments will not be posted.