Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Your Love Surrounds Me


Your Love Surrounds Me
by Gary Miller

As I was praying, I realized something I guess I knew but it came to me in a different way, and I saw it quite clearly and I want to share it with you. I will explain it to you as I saw it in a picture in my mind. The Holy Spirit came to us after Jesus ascended up into heaven, just as Jesus told us He would. The Holy Spirit lives with us today. You see, when Jesus died on the cross, the veil for the curtain in the temple was ripped from the top to the bottom, not from the bottom to the top. This meant that no man could have done this because this veil was very tall and also very thick. (Nowadays we would think of a veil being something that would be on a woman’s dress, a very thin almost transparent type of material, but this is not the type of material we are talking about. This material was very thick and would not have been able to have been torn by human hands.) So when Jesus died on the cross and the veil was ripped from the top to the bottom this was done to signifying that the Holy Spirit – God would no longer dwell inside the temple, but now He would dwell inside of man and that our body — this vessel He created that now carries our soul — will also carry the Holy Spirit, the very breath of God. So we see “love surrounds me” is sort of like being surrounded by the very presence of God.
You see if something is submerged in a glass of water, the water is all around; if it’s porous the water is going to get inside, if it’s like a sponge the water will absorb up in the sponge and there’s no room for anything else. Now if I am rigid and resistant, yet porous, there will still be areas that the water would not be able to get in. However if I allow myself to be pliable, or dare I say humble, then the water which represents the river of life flowing from the throne of God can get into every nook and cranny. Like the sponge we can absorb every bit of God’s love and we can be assured that we can get what Jesus knew we needed and it would be sufficient for us, then we would not be subject to the whims of the enemy because there would be no room for him to come in. But if we remain hard and rigid always demanding our own way that keeps us resistant to His Love, and there are spots that develop that are not saturated by the love of God or filled by the River of life. Then the devil and his helpers have just found their place of entry and believe me they will come in like a flood and harass you and bully you and throw up your past in your face because that is their job; their job is to come and kill steal and destroy. But Jesus said in John 10:10 (King James version), The thief comes not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

So let us learn and glean all we can from the sponge in the cup and be humble and flexible so that we can absorb all of the Holy Spirit – the River of life, the water in the cup – that we can so that there is no room for the enemy to come in. “And having done all then stand and stand therefore.” “Though thousands may fall by my side no harm will come near me.” I will not fear what the enemy may bring me because he has no access. I am filled by the Holy Spirit; I am totally saturated in the love of God. I’m standing in the River that flows from His throne.

You know, I am so glad that Jesus sent the Holy Spirit our comforter to be here with us. He walked in our shoes; He knows how hard it is to live in this human vessel that God created because He did it. Jesus knows how tough it is to be taunted and harassed by the devil because He was. Jesus knows how hard it is to be taunted and harassed by your friends and your family because He was. Jesus knows how hard it was to be alone because He never married. Jesus knows how hard it was to be pursued by everyone, even church leadership and government leadership, yes He was. In all of this he was yet maintaining that he was going to be peaceful because this is the kind of man he was when he was in human form, a man of peace. Thank you Jesus for everything that you walked through, so you know and we know you know what we go through every day. You knew we needed someone that would always be there for us, that would stick by us and never let us down, because you knew that everybody at some point will disappoint us.

You see Jesus promised us the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit Is Here! You too can have a Holy Spirit if you want Him.

This is not something that died out with the apostles it is for now.

There’s no place in the Bible that says that this is stopped.

But if you don’t believe it, then, you will never have it!

You see the Holy Spirit is a gentleman and he is not pushy so you must invite Him in your heart and your life.
If you’d like to do that you can very simply say:

Holy Spirit, I invite you to come into my heart and dwell within me all the days of my life. Direct me and teach me about you, guide me to a mentor who can teach me more about you. In Jesus name Amen.

Trust and have faith in the Holy Spirit and He will guide you to the right people to help you in this new experience. Find a bible preaching church that teaches about the Holy Spirit. Trust that still small voice inside you and remember the scripture you heard that states “my sheep know my voice.”

I want to answer the question that is probably on your mind or will most likely come up, No you don’t need to be filled with the Holy Spirit to go to heaven. But, you know what, why would you not want to have all of the tools in your tool belt when you go out to a job to work? Being filled with the Holy Spirit is an additional tool that will help you to maintain your walk with the Lord.

When we gain the ability and see the evidence of speaking in other tongues, as they did in the upper room, it gives us the ability for our spirit to speak to the Lord about things and express emotions that we would not otherwise have the nerve to speak or express to our Lord when we are in human form.
When we speak in tongues this allows us to express these deep feelings, in turn frees us up emotionally and we are able to do so much more for Christ. After all that’s what we need to do, for the fields are ripe for harvest.

Jesus’ wish is that no one would be left behind,

So let’s all get to work for time is short.

Praise His Holy Name.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a good comment, Negative comments will not be posted.