Friday, March 22, 2013

Honesty - Dennis Jernigan (playlist)



Honesty
Words & Music: Dennis Jernigan
August 29, 2012

Song History
We often quote John 8:32 which says 'You will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free' but we often do not experience the freedom promised. Why? Because we are not willing to take the very first step that truth requires - our own honesty! Who do we think we're fooling? Father sees our sin and loves us anyway. He, ebing a good Father, will not turn us away should we get nakedly honest with Him. Quite the contrary! He forgives, cleanses, restores, and builds up when we simply come clean to Him! The honesty is for us. He already knows what we need to share...and in His goodness, waits for us to trust Him enough to share our deepest failures and hurst with him...and in that moment of confession...of honesty...healing happens!

This song came as my personal heart cry for more of Who He is. This world is losing its appeal to me, it seems, more and more with every passing day. But I do not have to wait until I die to experience that intimacy.

I actually wrote a third verse to this song. Although verse three is not on the recording, it is available as a ministry verse on the lead sheet. This third verse was written for a friend of mine who lost his 28 year old son and then his wife one day apart from one another last week.

Enjoy the song and revel in honesty with the One Who loves you right where you are.
Dennis Jernigan

Honesty Verse Three
Oh, when I am weak;
When I need someone to hold me
Through the times of pain I just don't understand;
Who can meet me where I am.
Oh, the gentle peace,
Just to know that You waste nothing,
Using even pain to bring the Truth I need,
Restoring me to sanity.

In this place I worship You
as I bear my heart to You.

Chorus
So here I stand.
Nothing between us.
Nothing hidden.
Not one secret.
Only You and only me.

Here I stand.
Nothing between us.
Your love freed me,
healed and cleaned me.
Your love reduced me to honesty!
  • Category

  • License

    Standard YouTube License

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a good comment, Negative comments will not be posted.