Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Psalm 144


Psalm 144

New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 144

Of David. 1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
   who trains my hands for war,
   my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress,
   my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,
   who subdues peoples[a] under me.
 3 LORD, what are human beings that you care for them,
   mere mortals that you think of them?
4 They are like a breath;
   their days are like a fleeting shadow.
 5 Part your heavens, LORD, and come down;
   touch the mountains, so that they smoke.
6 Send forth lightning and scatter the enemy;
   shoot your arrows and rout them.
7 Reach down your hand from on high;
   deliver me and rescue me
from the mighty waters,
   from the hands of foreigners
8 whose mouths are full of lies,
   whose right hands are deceitful.
 9 I will sing a new song to you, my God;
   on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you,
10 to the One who gives victory to kings,
   who delivers his servant David.
   From the deadly sword 11 deliver me;
   rescue me from the hands of foreigners
whose mouths are full of lies,
   whose right hands are deceitful.
 12 Then our sons in their youth
   will be like well-nurtured plants,
and our daughters will be like pillars
   carved to adorn a palace.
13 Our barns will be filled
   with every kind of provision.
Our sheep will increase by thousands,
   by tens of thousands in our fields;
 14 our oxen will draw heavy loads.[b]
There will be no breaching of walls,
   no going into captivity,
   no cry of distress in our streets.
15 Blessed is the people of whom this is true;
   blessed is the people whose God is the LORD.
Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 144:2 Many manuscripts of the Masoretic Text, Dead Sea Scrolls, Aquila, Jerome and Syriac; most manuscripts of the Masoretic Text subdues my people
  2. Psalm 144:14 Or our chieftains will be firmly established

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a good comment, Negative comments will not be posted.